Berrigan Shire Council
|Organisation:||Berrigan Shire Council|
|Phone:||(03) 5888 5100|
The Berrigan Shire Council is particularly concerned with the needs of the Berrigan Shire Community in employment, health, housing, youth needs and wants, information, services, public transport and public works and is working with the local community to improve these opportunities for all. While some of these areas remain largely the prime responsibility of State and Federal Government, the Council is largely the community’s advocate for these issues.
Council also seeks to establish and maintain the road network, public amenities, environmental and aesthetic standards of the community in optimum condition by good management and the efficient use of the limited resources at its disposal.
The Berrigan Shire Council actively encourages public participation in the community by assisting with the development and implementation of self help projects and seeks presentation of ideas from citizens on projects and opportunity that will benefit the community in general.
The Berrigan Shire Council is also very keen promote diversity in Local Government. Communities in NSW are made up of diverse groups including Aboriginal people, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background, people with a disability, women and young people. Promoting diversity in local government is about recognising the needs, values and contribution that these diverse groups can make to local government and encouraging their participation at all levels. Promoting diversity in leadership and decision-making roles, including elected representatives and senior staff, is particularly important.
Search among Berrigan Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Community Recovery Officer (Fixed Term Employment Contract 12 Months) Tenterfield
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville