|Phone:||(02) 9716 1800|
The LGA of Ashfield is 8.29 square kilometres in size. Ashfield was proclaimed an LGA under the name and style of the "Borough of Ashfield" on Friday 29 December 1871. Situated between six and nine kilometres to the west and south west of the central business district of Sydney, Ashfield is crossed by the transport arteries of Parramatta Road, the City West Link and the Hume Highway.
The LGA includes Ashfield, Summer Hill, Haberfield, the eastern part of Croydon and the fringes of Croydon Park, Hurlstone Park and Ashbury.
The population of Ashfield is 39,667(ABS Census: 2006). Ashfield is a desirable place to live due to its locations, proximity to public transport, affordable housing stock, pleasant natural environment, amenities and its infrastructure.
Ashfield is one of the most culturally diverse LGAs in Inner Sydney with 42.61% of the population born overseas.
For more demographic information about Ashfield visit our Community Profile and Community Atlas.
Search among Ashfield Council jobs
no jobs found
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville