The Hills Shire Council
|Organisation:||The Hills Shire Council|
|Phone:||02 9843 0555|
The Hills Shire (previously Baulkham Hills Shire) is a local government area of in the north western region of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. The area encompasses 401 square kilometres (155 sq mi) stretching from North Parramatta in the south to Wiseman's Ferry on the Hawkesbury River in the north.
A Council's principal purpose is to deliver appropriate local services in a friendly and efficient manner. The organisation has a responsibility to serve the community with integrity and diligence. A Council can positively influence local conditions and the daily lives of residents, workers and visitors by effectively planning the range of services and resources it provides.
Included within Council's areas of responsibility are town planning, the supervision of building codes, the construction and maintenance of local roads, streets and bridges, local area traffic management, public health, environmental protection, waste and sanitary services, community recreational facilities, services for young people and people with a disability, State Emergency Service and Rural Fire Service, economic development and libraries.
Search among The Hills Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Performance & Improvement Officer Parkes
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba