Bellingen Shire Council
|Organisation:||Bellingen Shire Council|
|Phone:||(02) 6655 7300|
Bellingen Shire is located on the Mid North Coast of NSW halfway between Sydney and Brisbane and just south of Coffs Harbour. It has a total area of 1,605 square kilometres with a coastline of approximately 10km. The region is renowned for its ecological diversity with State Forests and National Parks covering over 53% of the local government area. The resident population of the Shire was 13,450 in 2010. Over the past ten years the population of Bellingen Shire has increased at an average annual rate of 0.9%.
The shire consists of three broad topographical areas incorporating the seaboard around Mylestom, Repton and Urunga, the valleys of the Bellinger and Kalang rivers and the Dorrigo plateau landscapes. Each has its own characteristics and provides a choice in cultural and natural diversity.
The Shire is a lifestyle region with an emphasis on cultural vibrancy, liveability and social cohesion. It has diverged over the years and is now a mix of traditional and non-traditional farming. Many of today's residents are artists, craftspeople, writers, musicians and horticulturalists, with approximately 12.1% of employed residents having established home-based activities.
Search among Bellingen Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Community Recovery Officer (Fixed Term Employment Contract 12 Months) Tenterfield
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald
- Road Construction Supervisor Georgetown
- Building Certification Coordinator Griffith
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Senior Building Surveyor & Building Surveyor Clarence Valley
- Manager People and Culture Biloela
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala