Wellington Shire Council
|Organisation:||Wellington Shire Council|
|Phone:||1300 366 244|
Wellington Shire Council is located in the Gippsland region of the state of Victoria, Australia and is approximately two hours east of Melbourne by road or rail. It was formed in 1994 after the amalgamation of the Shire of Alberton, the Shire of Avon, the Shire of Maffra, the City of Sale and parts of the Shire of Rosedale.
It is Victoria’s third largest municipality, covering an area of 10,924 square kilometres and is home to 41,355 residents (2011 census) spread across more than 30 different communities.
The Wellington Shire comprises a single ward (un-subdivided municipality) which is represented by 9 councillors and employs a workforce of a full time equivalent of 269.88 people (as at 30 June 2013) comprising full time, part time, casual and trainee/apprentice staff.
Wellington Shire is ideally placed for enjoying all that Gippsland has to offer, whether as a resident, visitor or tourist. It extends from the Great Dividing Range and Victoria’s High Country, through rich irrigated flats and some of the most productive grazing land in Australia to the internationally significant Gippsland Lakes and Wetlands and the Ninety Mile Beach and Bass Strait.
Linked to Sydney and Melbourne by the Princes Highway, it also boasts direct links to Canberra and the eastern seaboard of New South Wales.
Wellington has a strong and diverse local economy boasting oil and gas production industries, manufacturing, government, defence, primary industries, forestry, construction and retail industries.
Search among Wellington Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Environmental Health Officer and Senior Environmental Health Officer Baulkham Hills
- LEP Programme and Engagement Manager Strathfield
- Senior Business Systems Administrator Murwillumbah
- Smart Metering Project Manager Lismore
- Director Community Services Alice Springs
- Social Analyst & Planner Bannockburn
- Machine Operator/General Hand Denmark
- Plant Operator/Driver/General Hand Lake Grace
- Senior Building & Fire Safety Officer Randwick
- Coordinator Children's Services Condobolin