Shire of Merredin
|Organisation:||Shire of Merredin|
|Phone:||(08) 9041 1611|
The Shire of Merredin includes the towns of Hines Hill, Burracoppin, Sth Burracoppin, Goomarin, Korbel, Merredin, Muntadgin, Nangeenan, Nokanning, Tangedin, Nukarni and Norpa. It is situated approximately 260 kilometres east of Perth (the capital city of Western Australia) and is the major commercial and retail centre for the eastern Wheatbelt.
Merredin is also a regional base for a range of Government agencies and services. It is an area with high employment and extensive community involvement.
Located on the Great Eastern Highway and having the benefit of railway facilities (Merredin is serviced daily by the TransWA Prospector train) it is convenient to find by road and rail.
The region is known for agriculture; approximately 40% of Western Australia’s wheat production comes from a 100km radius around Merredin. Sheep farming is also popular in the region, along with production of many grains other than wheat.
Weather conditions in Merredin are well suited for aviation pursuits; the Merredin Aerodrome, owned by China Southern West Australian Flying College, specialises in training commercial airline pilots.
Search among Shire of Merredin jobs
no jobs found
- ICT Service Delivery Manager – Katherine Katherine
- Strategic Planning Officer Onslow
- Small Business Support Officer Jundah
- ICT Manager Alice Springs
- Aquatic & Recreation Officer Kununurra
- Project Manager and Business Analyst Murwillumbah
- Smart Metering Project Manager Lismore
- HR Advisor - Projects Sutherland
- Director Community Services Alice Springs
- Manager Water & Waste Water Leeton