Balranald Shire Council
|Organisation:||Balranald Shire Council|
|Phone:||03 5020 1300|
Located 850 km south west of Sydney and 450 km north of Melbourne, Balranald Shire Council covers an area of 21,346 square kilometres. Major townships within the Shire are Balranald (population 1,200) and Euston (population 600). Balranald Shire has a population of 2,361.
The Shire’s economy has traditionally relied upon dry-land and irrigated agricultural production of grains, wool, sheep meet and beef (valued at more than $80 million in 2006). However primary production is diversifying to encompass horticulture, viticulture, organic agriculture and the growing of fruit and nut trees. Tourism is also now recognised as an important economic driver.
Balranald Shire boasts a progressive well serviced and vibrant community that is committed to continued regional growth and sustainability.
Council is a forward thinking organisation that has identified and pursued opportunities to foster strong economic growth through the development and implementation of the Balranald Shire Economic Development Strategy.
Recent significant developments include:
The construction of a $1.3 million Visitor and Interpretive Centre in Balranald that will grow the tourism industry and link with other tourism assets including Yanga and Mungo National Parks.
The construction of the Balranald hospital and the continued development of aged care facilities have created investment opportunities.
Search among Balranald Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Drought Management Project Manager Lismore
- Governance Advisor - Projects Lismore
- Environmental Health Officer and Senior Environmental Health Officer Baulkham Hills
- Senior Key Leadership Positions Broken Hill
- Manager Transport Services Mathoura
- Coordinator Assets - Water, Sewerage and Drainage Moss Vale
- Small Business Support Officer Jundah
- Environmental Health Officer Kununurra
- ICT Manager Alice Springs
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer Leonora