Regional Facilities Auckland
Auckland Art Gallery - Head of Public Engagement
- Lead and deliver innovative and engaging public engagement and digital programmes
- Challenging and highly rewarding leadership opportunity
- Play a key role in Auckland Art Gallery's future
Exceptional opportunity to join this leading cultural organisation and share a collective passion for the arts with the community.
Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki is a cultural leader in Aotearoa New Zealand. Its purpose is to be a creative catalyst for art and ideas, offering transformational experiences that strengthen and enrich our communities. The Gallery's vision is to be the home of art for Auckland, its people and visitors from its internationally-recognised award winning facility. Established in 1888, the Gallery holds a preeminent collection of New Zealand art and a significant collection of international art presented alongside a dynamic programme of temporary exhibitions, public engagement and outreach.
In this newly created role as Head of Public Engagement, your key purpose will be to deliver innovative, experimental and inspiring public engagement and digital programmes that expand and enhance the visitor experience. This role is pivotal to supporting the Gallery's role as Auckland's most visited and inspirational visual arts experience, by providing programmes that are audience focussed with excellent delivery. You will play a key leadership role, lead a dedicated team in the areas of learning, outreach, public programmes, audience engagement and digital experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing inspiring leadership to the Public Engagement Team
- Lead the Gallery's digital strategy
- Design, implement, evaluate, and monitor Public Engagement programmes and deliver to organisational objectives
- Develop key relationships with cultural and educational community partners as well as with sponsors and project partners
- Contribute as part of the Gallery's Lead Team towards annual planning and delivery
- Provide excellent project management support to ensure delivery of projects to meet objectives, timelines and budgets
To be a success in this role you will have considerable experience in a similar role within a museum or cultural environment around visitor experience and digital programmes. This opportunity means you will lead the Gallery's digital experience strategy and work closely with Marketing and Communications team who manage the social media and website platforms. You will be part of a team who are informed, talented, motivated and passionate about the Gallery's continuing success.
You will demonstrate your leadership skills and represent the Gallery's Public Engagement programme and make a highly positive impact on visitor experiences within the Gallery. This is an outstanding and exciting opportunity to work for New Zealand's largest and most inspiring visual arts experience and to contribute to its future and to the future of Auckland, one of the most culturally diverse cities on the planet.
If this sounds like your next career step up, please apply online today.
Applications close on 30 April 2017