Weddin Shire Council
|Organisation:||Weddin Shire Council|
Weddin Shire covers an area of 345,683 ha and adjoins Cowra, Hilltops, Bland and Forbes Shires.
The Council was formed by the voluntary amalgamation of Grenfell Municipality and Weddin Shire areas in 1975.
Predominant land use is grazing and cropping, with agricultural produce ranging from grain, hay, wool and meat to fruit, eggs and honey.
The Shire contains the Weddin Mountains National Park and part of the Conimbla National Park, as well as large areas of State and National Forests.
The total Shire population is 3,700. The main town is Grenfell with a population of 2,600 with other villages being Caragabal, Quandialla and Greenethorpe. There are also small settlements at Bimbi and Bumbaldry.
Search among Weddin Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- LEP Programme and Engagement Manager Strathfield
- Manager Transport Services Mathoura
- Drought Management Project Manager Lismore
- Project Manager and Business Analyst Murwillumbah
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer Leonora
- Strategic Planning Officer Onslow
- Smart Metering Project Manager Lismore
- Machine Operator/General Hand Denmark
- Director Community Services Alice Springs
- Environmental Health Officer Kununurra