Weddin Shire Council
|Organisation:||Weddin Shire Council|
Weddin Shire covers an area of 345,683 ha and adjoins Cowra, Hilltops, Bland and Forbes Shires.
The Council was formed by the voluntary amalgamation of Grenfell Municipality and Weddin Shire areas in 1975.
Predominant land use is grazing and cropping, with agricultural produce ranging from grain, hay, wool and meat to fruit, eggs and honey.
The Shire contains the Weddin Mountains National Park and part of the Conimbla National Park, as well as large areas of State and National Forests.
The total Shire population is 3,700. The main town is Grenfell with a population of 2,600 with other villages being Caragabal, Quandialla and Greenethorpe. There are also small settlements at Bimbi and Bumbaldry.
Search among Weddin Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Youth Development Officer – Street Surfer Bus (Mobile Outreach) Melbourne, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing
- Advocacy Advisor Melbourne, Footscray
- Building Surveyor - Goolwa Adelaide, Mount Barker, Victor Harbor, Goolwa
- Project Manager - Climate Program - Melbourne / Sydney / Hobart Melbourne, Collingwood, Sydney, Hobart
- Statutory Planning Officer Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mundijong
- Senior Business Support Officer - Grants Administrator Melbourne, Gisborne, Kyneton, Romsey, Woodend
- Recreation Services Manager Sydney, Wollongong
- Engineering Technical Officer Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Administration Officer Infrastructure Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Community Enforcement Officer Sydney, Fairfield, Wakeley