- Do you enjoy a fast paced work environment?
- 19 day month with an RDO
- Permanent full time position, 35 hours per week
- Salary range between $993.07 - $1,157.30 per week ($51,639 - $60,179 annual salary) + superannuation
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment.
The role encompasses the maintenance of Council’s rating, water and property database to ensure rates and relevant charges are charged to ratepayers in an equitable manner and in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislation.
The successful applicant will be working in a team environment and should demonstrate excellent customer service and initiative. As well as exceptional attention to detail in data entry and record keeping requirements. There may also be a requirement to work within other areas of finance services at the discretion of the Financial Controller.
Key activities of this role include:
- The role is accountable for the accurate maintenance of the corporate property data base via processes such as:
- Rates – maintenance of property rating database for levying of rates and charges, End of Year and Rate Raising
- Banking – back office receipting, the daily bank reconciliation
- Debt Management – debt recovery, issuing of Statement of Claims and monthly account reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing of debtors and monthly reconciliation
- Water Billing - billing cycle, End of Year and the raising of new yearly charges
- Accounts Payable - receipt and payment of creditors’ invoices and monthly reconciliation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in processing large volumes of data in a corporate database;
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining accurate database information;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in capturing, exporting, importing and maintaining information using various software packages;
- Demonstrated reconciliation and record keeping skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using word processing packages, database, spreadsheet, internet and e-mail applications;
- Demonstrated ability to participate and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve organisational goals and outcomes;
- Strong customer service ethos and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision;
- Ability to complete work and deliver according to project schedules and deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Certificate III / IV in Business Administration/ Financial Services OR equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in processing financial journals and transferring information within a corporate database.
- Demonstrated local government rating practitioner experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of local government operations and relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of an Electronic Document Management system e.g. ECM or TRIM and other Database applications.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a skills assessment in Word and Excel.
Enquiries: Melissa McCulloch, Team Leader Rates & Water Billing on ph: 02 43 25 8360.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight Monday 23 January 2017