Toowoomba (outer suburbs)Applications Close:
23/01/2017 5:00 PM
The Toowoomba region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 163,000 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
About the role
As the Senior Project Manager (Construction) you will be involved in the contract management of infrastructure projects (construction of new landfills and waste transfer facilities), landfill rehabilitation works, technology and operational works projects from inception through to completion or handover as the Project Superintendent’s delegate. This will include:
- Initial review of proposed project and project requirements and development of a robust project plan.
- Identification and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Determination and obtaining of internal and external approvals required.
- Selection of appropriate project procurement methodology and subsequently managing the procurement of project consultancy, land selection (where applicable) and procurement of construction contractor.
- Actively coordinate design management, contract administration of construction contract (wherever applicable), value management and dispute resolution.
- Project delivery including risk management, cost management, quality monitoring, reporting, control of project timeframes and project communication.
- Coordination of commissioning process, procurement of plant, furniture, fittings and equipment as well as management of client administered works package.
- Project close out and handover to internal customers including appropriate record keeping of ‘as constructed’ drawings, maintenance plans and asset lists.
The Salary Range for this position is Level 7 - $85,711.77 - $90,907.21 gross per annum under the Queensland Local Government Officers Award plus 17.5% annual leave loading and up to 12.4% superannuation.
How to be successful in this position
- The Successful candidate will need to poses the skills, competencies, qualifications, education and licences as outlined in the Candidate Profile document.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A two page document addressing the Technical Criteria in the Candidate Profile document.
- Your current resume.
For further information
Please contact Dinesh Chellappa on 07 4688 6803.
The advertising for the position will close at 5:00pm Monday, 23 January 2017.