Carrathool Shire Council
|Organisation:||Carrathool Shire Council|
|Phone:||02 6965 1900|
Carrathool Shire is a local government area that borders both the Riverina and Far West regions of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire is adjacent to the Mid-Western Highway and north of the Sturt Highway.
The largest town in the Shire is Hillston and the council seat is Goolgowi. The Shire also includes the villages of Merriwagga, Rankins Springs, Carrathool.
Where once regular droughts made life almost untenable, the area now has irrigated crops, gardens, greened sporting facilities and village verges. Over 15,000 square kilometres are now used in rural pursuits, including more than 600 km² in wheat, rice, vineyards, cotton, potatoes, vegetables and orchard trees. Most of the change was made possible by the widespread use of river and underground water.
Address: 9-11 Cobram Street Goolgowi NSW 2652
Search among Carrathool Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet