|Phone:||(02) 9976 1500|
The Manly local government area is a unique location, bounded by both an ocean beach and Sydney Harbour.
It is located on Sydney's Northern Beaches - between 8 and 17 kilometres north-east of Sydney. Manly is the administrative centre of the Manly Council local government area which also includes the suburbs of Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Clontarf, Fairlight, and Seaforth.
Manly is named after Manly Cove, which was named by Captain Arthur Phillip, who was impressed by the confident and manly behaviour of the male Aborigines he saw when he first visited the area in January 1788.
The local government area is relatively small at only 15.14km2 or 1514ha. The boundary is 37.68km long, of which 32.94km runs alongside a water boundary such as the lagoon, the harbour or the ocean. No part of Manly is more than 1km from either the harbour or the ocean.
Search among Manly Council jobs
no jobs found
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald