Brewarrina Shire Council
|Organisation:||Brewarrina Shire Council|
|Phone:||(02) 6830 5100|
Welcome to the Shire of Brewarrina, a rural and remote community located in the outback region of New South Wales on the banks of the Barwon/Darling River.
The shire covers an area of 19,000 square km’s and borders the state line of Queensland and is surrounded by the local governments of Walgett, Warren, Bogan and Bourke.
The shire includes the towns and villages of Brewarrina, Goodooga, Weilmoringle, Angledool and Gongolgon. Brewarrina has great historical significance to the Aboriginal people of the region, as the town was one of the great inter-tribal meeting places of eastern Australia.
The fisheries are elaborate man made stone constructions in the riverbed designed to trap fish. The Brewarrina Fish Traps are a National Heritage listed site and of spiritual significance to Aboriginal people.
The Shire boasts many other attractions like the Old Barwon Bridge, Culgoa National Park, Narran Lakes, Cobb & Co trails, Four Mile Skiing Reserve, Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Visitor Information & Exhibition Centre, Darling River Run, Ochre Bed Pits and the State Heritage Aboriginal Mission just to mention a few.
Many significant events also occur in the Shire including the Brewarrina Races, Barwon River Rodeo, Agricultural Field Day, NAIDOC celebrations, Weilmoringle Cancer Council Tennis Day, Goodooga Wool Day, Bre Big Fish competition and the Bald Archy Art Prize Exhibition.
Brewarrina Shire Council acknowledges and pays its respects to the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and to Elders past, present and future.
Search among Brewarrina Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Principal Environmental Health Officer & Building Surveyor Jurien Bay
- Strategic Planner (Heritage and Urban Design) Strathfield
- Program Leader Strategic Assets Katoomba
- Manager Finance and Administration Quilpie
- Team Leader Business Support Officer - Development Moss Vale
- Coordinator Strategic Asset Management Maryborough
- Manager Organisational Development Southern Grampians
- Development Assessment Planner Moss Vale
- Ranger Leeton
- Customer and Communications Manager Lismore