Shire of Coolgardie
|Organisation:||Shire of Coolgardie|
|Phone:||(08) 9025 0300|
The Shire of Coolgardie is approximately 550 kilometres east of Perth, and 350 kilometres north of Esperance. It encompasses an area of 30,400 km² and includes the towns of Coolgardie, Kambalda East, Kambalda West, Widgiemooltha and Kurrawang. Approximately 4,100 people live in the Shire and it is adjacent to the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
Celebrated for the gold and nickel discoveries in Coolgardie and Kambalda, the Shire continues to host the mining industry, which plays a very important role in our community, with more than 20 mining and processing companies operating throughout the Shire. Gold Fields St Ives mine, south of Lake Lefroy, is the third largest gold mining operation in Australia. The gold and nickel companies all are at the cutting edge of mining innovation and offer great career opportunities.
Pastoralism and Tourism also play a pivotal role in our Shire. There are many great sights to visit and things to do. Please follow the links in our Tourism section to see what great adventures you can discover. View our heritage collections and buildings, take a day trip on one of the many outback trails in our Shire, explore the remnants of ghost towns, go landsailing, camping, catching yabbies or fossicking. The choice is yours.
Search among Shire of Coolgardie jobs
no jobs found
- Economic Development Coordinator Moree
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Grants Officers Parkes