Central Highlands Regional Council
|Organisation:||Central Highlands Regional Council|
|Phone:||07 4982 8333|
Central Highlands Regional Council is a local government area in Queensland, Australia. It was created in March 2008 as a result of the report of the Local Government Reform Commission released in July 2007. The new Council, located in Central Queensland, contains the entire areas of four previous local government areas, Shire of Bauhinia, Shire of Duaringa, Shire of Emerald and Shire of Peak Downs.
Legislation introduced into the Queensland Parliament gave the name of the new council as Central Highlands Regional Council. The report recommended that the new local government area should not be divided into wards and elect eight councillors and a mayor. The Central Highlands Regional Council has an area of 53,677 square kilometres (20,725 sq mi), contains an estimated resident population in 2006 of 26,824.
The Regional Council covers the towns of Blackwater, Bluff, Capella, Dingo, Duaringa, Emerald, Rolleston, Springsure and Tieri as well as the villages/communities of Anakie, Bogantungan, Bauhinia, Comet, Fernlees, Gindie, Orion, Rubyvale, Sapphire, The Willows, Withersfield and Yamala.
PO Box 21, EMERALD QLD 4720
Search among Central Highlands Regional Council jobs
no jobs found
- Planning Officer Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool, Horsham, Edenhope, Kaniva
- Strategic Planner Melbourne, Footscray
- Statutory Enforcement Officer Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mundijong
- Economic Development Advisor Melbourne, Malvern
- Engineering Technical Officer Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Advocacy Advisor Melbourne, Footscray
- Project Manager - Climate Program - Melbourne / Sydney / Hobart Melbourne, Collingwood, Sydney, Hobart
- Youth Development Officer – Street Surfer Bus (Mobile Outreach) Melbourne, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing
- General Manager, Corporate Services & Sustainability Katherine
- Statutory Planning Officer Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mundijong