Outback Communities Authority (SA)
|Organisation:||Outback Communities Authority (SA)|
|Phone:||(08) 8648 5970|
The Outback Areas Community Development Trust is a trust in South Australia which is operated under the Outback Areas Community Development Trust Act (1978). It has been established to act as a third tier of government for the purposes of receiving and administering funding for 36 remote communities, which are widely dispersed across a region covering almost 60% of South Australia's land area. The council has its seat at Port Augusta, which is located outside the Outback area. The area has an area of 624339.0 km² and a population of 3,750, 639 of whom are Indigenous Australians, and several large pastoral leases and mining operations exist in its area of operation.
The trust's area of responsibility does not include Aboriginal reserves, the largest of which are Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara in the northwest and Maralinga Tjarutja in the west of the area.
It currently consists of five members and two deputies.
The Outback Communities (Administration and Management) Bill of 2009 will replace the Outback Areas Community Development Trust with the Outback Communities Authority.
PO Box 2353,
Port Augusta, SA 5700
Search among Outback Communities Authority (SA) jobs
no jobs found
- Governance Officer Leeton
- Development Assessment Planner Moss Vale
- Ranger Leeton
- Manager Finance and Administration Quilpie
- Parking Station Attendant Cammeray
- Executive Manager Operations Parkes
- Manager Assets Coonamble
- Environmental Planning Officer Broadmeadows
- Executive Manager Technical Services Parkes
- Diesel Fitter - Wurrumiyanga Workshop Wurrumiyanga Bathurst island