Berri Barmera Council
|Organisation:||Berri Barmera Council|
|Phone:||(08) 8582 1922|
Berri Barmera Council is a local government area in the Riverland region of South Australia.
The towns covered by the council area are Barmera, Berri, Cobdogla, Glossop, Loveday, Monash, Overland Corner and Winkie.
The District Council of Berri was declared in 1922, 11 years after the town was proclaimed. Its first major project was to provide reliable electricity to the entire area. It bought the Berri Electric Supply Company in 1936 to facilitate this, and later sold it to the Electricity Trust of South Australia, a state government agency.
The Cobdogla District Council was gazetted on 17 June 1924, and its name changed to District Council of Barmera in 1937. Barmera had been a soldier settlement community after World War I.
Berri and Barmera District Councils merged in 1996 as part of a rationalisation of local government areas.
The Berri Barmera Council's principal office
19 Wilson Street, Berri, South Australia
PO Box 229, Berri SA 5343
Search among Berri Barmera Council jobs
no jobs found
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon