Manningham City Council
|Organisation:||Manningham City Council|
|Phone:||(03) 9840 9333|
The City of Manningham is a local government area in Victoria, Australia in the north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne and is divided into 10 suburbs, with the largest being Doncaster and Templestowe, over an area of 113 square kilometres. At the 2011 Census, Manningham had a population of 111,300.
The district spans a roughly east-west direction along the southern banks of the Yarra River and across the undulating valleys of the Koonung, Ruffey and Mullum Mullum Creeks, alternating from typical low density suburban housing in the west to remnant bushland, within a green wedge, in the east. As such, the district encompasses the transition between the built and natural environments in Melbourne's east and enjoys a "balance of city and country".
Formerly the City of Doncaster & Templestowe, the district was originally part of the Wurundjeri nation's territory. Most of the first European settlers to the area were orchardists, arriving through the 1850s. Gold was first discovered in Victoria around the same time at Andersons Creek, in Warrandyte, however, the district saw varied growth as periods of low density suburban development occurred sporadically throughout the mid-late 20th century.
699 Doncaster Rd Doncaster VIC 3108
Search among Manningham City Council jobs
no jobs found
- Recreation Services Manager Sydney, Wollongong
- Community Early Years Infrastructure Strategic Planner Melbourne, Dandenong
- Community Enforcement Officer Sydney, Fairfield, Wakeley
- Senior Strategic Planner Melbourne, Footscray
- Administration Officer Infrastructure Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Project Management Office Leader Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mundijong
- Building Surveyor - Goolwa Adelaide, Mount Barker, Victor Harbor, Goolwa
- Community Disaster Resilience Officer - Contract Murwillumbah, North Coast, Gold Coast, Kingscliff, Tweed
- Civil Designer Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Planning Officer Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool, Horsham, Edenhope, Kaniva