Shire of Murray
|Organisation:||Shire of Murray|
|Phone:||(08) 9531 7777|
The Shire of Murray is a local government area of Western Australia. It has an area of 1,710.1 square kilometres and is located in the Peel Region about 80 kilometres south of the Perth central business district.
The Shire extends from the coast at Lake Clifton across the Peel Inlet and the Swan Coastal Plain into the Darling Scarp, including about 77,000 hectares of State forests. Timber logging and agriculture were the traditional enterprises of the district. However, in recent decades, bauxite mining and a significant equine and tourism industry have emerged. The Murray River flows all year throughout the district. It offers premier country racing and trotting facilities, a golf course and an array of festivals and events.
The Shire is centred on the town of Pinjarra, one of the oldest towns in Western Australia where a number of 19th century mud brick buildings are still in use today.
Search among Shire of Murray jobs
no jobs found
- Grants Officers Parkes
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Manager Operations Deniliquin