Hindmarsh Shire Council
|Organisation:||Hindmarsh Shire Council|
|Phone:||03 5391 4444|
Welcome to the Shire of Hindmarsh! Our shire is situated in central North West Victoria, south of the Mallee and north of the Grampians and about 350 kilometres north-west of Melbourne.
It covers an area of 7,527 square kilometres and has a population of 6,200. Although Hindmarsh Shire is the sixth largest municipality in Victoria in area, it has the fifth smallest population so there is lots of space to grow and enjoy country life.
Our major industry is agriculture, with 62% of all business enterprises being in this sector. It is based largely on grain and sheep production, but in recent years has diversified into the production of oilseeds and legumes.
Our shire also includes substantial areas of national park and a strong Landcare network preserves indigenous vegetation remnants and expands the vegetation cover with plant corridors linking the Big and Little Deserts and revegetation on private land.
Address: 92 Nelson Street, Nhill, Victoria 3418
PO Box 250
NHILL Victoria 3418
Search among Hindmarsh Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Senior People & Performance Business Partner Emerald
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville