Shire of Meekatharra
|Organisation:||Shire of Meekatharra|
|Phone:||08 9980 0600|
Meekatharra was named from an Aboriginal word for a water source located to the south west of the town.
Today's Meekatharra provides a geographically convenient centre for the numerous pastoral stations, established mines and mineral exploration companies in the area, meeting all their needs for stores, fuel, postal and banking services.
Meekatharra also provides excellent health facilities along with social and recreational opportunities for those living and working in the town and its surrounds. The Shire recently employed its first Community Development Officer to further its services to the community, particular youth.
Aboriginal agencies also provide support and assistance.
Although hot in summer, winter months provide mild balmy days to enjoy the natural scenery.
To view a map of the Shire of Meekatharra, please click here.
Search among Shire of Meekatharra jobs
no jobs found
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Project Administration Support Officer Macksville
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Assets Inspector Grenfell