Golden Plains Shire Council
|Organisation:||Golden Plains Shire Council|
|Phone:||(03) 5220 7111|
Golden Plains is a vibrant and progressive municipality situated between Geelong, Ballarat and Melbourne, offering residents and businesses access to city services while enjoying a country lifestyle.
The shire was established on 6 May 1994, incorporating the former shires of Bannockburn and Leigh and parts of the former shires of Grenville and Bunninyong.
Rich in gold mining history and character, the small towns and communities throughout the shire provide for a rural lifestyle within easy reach of the state capital and the two largest regional cities.
While the shire has a strong tradition of wool and grain growing, intensive animal farming, particularly poultry and pigs, are becoming increasingly common. Growth in the home-based business sector provides healthy employment opportunities and is the largest employer in the shire.
The Golden Plains region is fast becoming known for being home to many gourmet food producers and the Moorabool Valley in the shire's east is home to a well-established wine industry.
Golden Plains covers an area of 2705 square kilometres with a populations exceeding 17,250.
Address: 2 Pope St, Bannockburn VIC 3331
Search among Golden Plains Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Grants Officers Parkes
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Performance & Improvement Officer Parkes
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala