City of Fremantle
|Organisation:||City of Fremantle|
|Phone:||08 9432 9999|
The City of Fremantle acknowledges the Whadjuk people as the traditional owners of the greater Fremantle/Walyalup area and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still important to the Nyoongar people today.
The land around Fremantle (Walyalup) has always been a significant place for the Whadjuk. Walyalup was the country on both banks of the Derbal Yerrigan (Swan River). The story of how the land once extended past Rottnest but had been inundated by the sea is one of the oldest oral traditions in human history.
This beautiful coastal port city bounded by the Indian Ocean and the Swan River is just 20 km from Perth. The City of Fremantle was established in 1829 as a port for the Swan River Colony and was the major city in Western Australia for much of its early history.
Fremantle's unique character is captured by its landscape, its heritage architecture, music, arts and culture, festivals, retail stores and markets, cafés and restaurants, which all contribute to its village style atmosphere - making it a popular destination for local and international visitors.
Search among City of Fremantle jobs
no jobs found
- Environmental Health Officer Kununurra
- ICT Manager Alice Springs
- Strategic Planning Officer Onslow
- Small Business Support Officer Jundah
- LEP Programme and Engagement Manager Strathfield
- Smart Metering Project Manager Lismore
- Senior Business Systems Administrator Murwillumbah
- Director Community Services Alice Springs
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer Leonora
- Coordinator Assets - Water, Sewerage and Drainage Moss Vale