Brimbank City Council
|Organisation:||Brimbank City Council|
|Phone:||03 9249 4304|
Brimbank City Council was formed on 15 December 1994, following the amalgamation of the former cities of Keilor and Sunshine.
The area was originally occupied by the Kurung-Jang-Balluk and Marin-Balluk clans of the native Wurundjeri people. Much of Brimbank was first settled by Europeans in the 1830s and 1840s as farming land. Keilor was established in the late 1840s, whilst St Albans was established in the late 1880s. A rapid growth phase occurred across the municipality after the Second World War, with the development of many suburbs around the original settlements of Keilor, Sunshine and St Albans expanding to house many overseas migrants.
The City encompasses 25 new and established suburbs including Albion, Cairnlea, Deer Park, Delahey, Hillside, Keilor, Kings Park, St Albans, Sunshine, Sydenham and Taylors Lakes. Much of the recent residential growth has been in Delahey, Sydenham, Taylors Lakes, and more recently in Cairnlea. Growth is expected to continue, particularly in Deer Park, Derrimut and Cairnlea through the redevelopment of older residential and industrial sites. Brimbank prides itself on its cultural diversity and is one of Victoria’s most culturally diverse municipalities, having embraced more than 156 nationalities from around the globe.
Major features of the City include Victoria University (St Albans and Sunshine campuses), Calder Park Motorsport Complex, Watergardens Town Centre, Sunshine Hospital, St Albans and Sunshine leisure centres, Sunshine Golf Club, Keilor Public Golf Course, Organ Pipes National Park, Brimbank Park, Iramoo Wildflower Grassland Reserve, and Horseshoe Bend Children’s Farm.
The City is served by the Calder Freeway, Western Ring Road, Deer Park Bypass, Ballarat Road and the Sydenham, Melbourne-Ballarat and Melbourne-Bendigo railway lines.
Search among Brimbank City Council jobs
no jobs found
- Economic Development Advisor Melbourne, Malvern
- Community Enforcement Officer Sydney, Fairfield, Wakeley
- Senior Business Support Officer - Grants Administrator Melbourne, Gisborne, Kyneton, Romsey, Woodend
- Youth Development Officer – Street Surfer Bus (Mobile Outreach) Melbourne, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing
- Recreation Services Manager Sydney, Wollongong
- Planning Officer Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool, Horsham, Edenhope, Kaniva
- Statutory Enforcement Officer Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mundijong
- Engineering Technical Officer Perth, Midland, Mundaring
- Building Surveyor - Goolwa Adelaide, Mount Barker, Victor Harbor, Goolwa
- Senior Strategic Planner Melbourne, Footscray