East Arnhem Shire Council
|Organisation:||East Arnhem Shire Council|
|Phone:||(08) 8986 8986|
The East Arnhem Shire is a local government area of the Northern Territory, Australia. Situated in the far north-eastern corner of the Northern Territory, the Council covers an area of 33,359 square kilometres (12,879.98 sq mi) and has a population of 9,120.
East Arnhem Shire Council (EASC) was formed in under the Local Government Act (NT) 2008 to provide core Local Government Services and the area comprises nine major remote communities, many homelands and outstations, commercial enterprises such as tourism, two mining leases, and pastoral properties scattered throughout the Council area.
The Council delivers services to nine remote communities of Arnhem Land; Milingimbi, Ramingining, Galiwin’ku, Gapuwiyak, Yirrkala, Gunyangara, Umbakumba, Angurugu and Milyakburra.
Five of the nine communities are located on islands. Six of the communities are recognised Remote Service Delivery Sites by the Commonwealth and another is recognised as a NT Government Territory Growth Town.
Search among East Arnhem Shire Council jobs
no jobs found
- Economic Development Coordinator Moree
- Coordinator Governance Cooma, Berridale, Jindabyne and Bombala
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Server & Cloud Administrator Goulburn
- Grants Officers Parkes
- Assets Inspector Grenfell
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth