New England Weeds Authority
|Organisation:||New England Weeds Authority|
New England Weeds Authority (NEWA), is the registered trading name of The New England County Council.
NEWA is a single purpose Council which is a Local Control Authority for priority and invasive weeds under the NSW Biosecurity Act, 2015. The present area of operation of NEWA is the local government areas of Armidale Regional, Walcha, Uralla Shire, and Glen Innes Severn. These Councils are located in the Northern Tablelands region of New South Wales.
The County Council’s governance is in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993 (LGA 1993) with the County Council first proclaimed in 1947.
NEWA provides effective integrated weed management systems utilising the latest technology to prevent, contain or reduce the biosecurity risk of invasive plants to the environment, economy and community within the area of operation of the County Council.
Search among New England Weeds Authority jobs
no jobs found
- Coordinator Assets - Water, Sewerage and Drainage Moss Vale
- Revenue Officer - Water and Sewer Moss Vale
- Project Manager and Business Analyst Murwillumbah
- Governance Advisor - Projects Lismore
- Coordinator Children's Services Condobolin
- Senior Key Leadership Positions Broken Hill
- Chief Information Officer Nowra
- Smart Metering Project Manager Lismore
- Machine Operator/General Hand Denmark
- Small Business Support Officer Jundah