Yarra Plenty Regional Library
|Organisation:||Yarra Plenty Regional Library|
|Phone:||03 9408 7888|
Yarra Plenty Regional Library was founded in the mid 1960s, when the former City of Heidelberg agreed to provide library services to the former Shire of Eltham. Later the former Shire of Diamond Valley and the Shire of Whittlesea joined in the regional group.
In 1995, following changes in local government boundaries, the new municipalities of Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea continued their support for the regional library service and Yarra Plenty was one of the first regions incorporated under Section 196 of the Victorian Local Government Act 1989.
Yarra Plenty Regional Library enjoys a reputation as an innovative, progressive and effective library service. There are nine branch libraries located at Greensborough, Eltham, Ivanhoe, Lalor, Mill Park, Rosanna, Thomastown, Watsonia and Whittlesea, as well as three mobile libraries - the mobile library, Outreach Vehicle and Reading Rover.
The service is coordinated from the administration unit located in the City of Whittlesea’s Civic Centre in South Morang. It also provides computer services to Murrindindi Library Service, including full access to the library’s database.
Search among Yarra Plenty Regional Library jobs
no jobs found
- Manager Transport Services Mathoura
- Social Analyst & Planner Bannockburn
- Coordinator Children's Services Condobolin
- Environmental Health Officer Kununurra
- Coordinator Assets - Water, Sewerage and Drainage Moss Vale
- Revenue Officer - Water and Sewer Moss Vale
- Director Community Services Alice Springs
- ICT Service Delivery Manager – Katherine Katherine
- Aquatic & Recreation Officer Kununurra
- Project Manager and Business Analyst Murwillumbah