Department of Fire & Emergency Services (WA)
|Organisation:||Department of Fire & Emergency Services (WA)|
As Western Australia’s leading hazard management agency, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) (formerly the Fire and Emergency Services Authority of WA) performs a critical role coordinating emergency services for a range of natural disasters and emergency incidents threatening life and property.
Supported by an extensive network of over 29,000 volunteers and 1100 career firefighters DFES works together with the community and government to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from a diverse range of emergencies.
Operating 24 hours a day, every day of the year, DFES provides emergency services across our vast state of 2.5 million square kilometres on land, by sea and air.
DFES was established to improve the coordination and planning of emergency services in Western Australia.
DFES has adopted an ‘all hazards’ approach to emergency management, working in partnership with the community and other government agencies to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters and emergencies.
DFES continually strives to improve the state’s hazard response capabilities and delivers several safety programs to help the community manage and recover from emergencies, prevent hazards and mitigate effects from natural disasters.
Search among Department of Fire & Emergency Services (WA) jobs
no jobs found
- Manager Projects & Capital Works
- Economic Development Coordinator Moree
- Performance & Improvement Officer Parkes
- Manager Operations Deniliquin
- Tourism Officer – Croydon Shire Council Croydon
- Technical Liaison Officer Queanbeyan
- Projects Engineer Broken Hill
- Chief Executive Officer Mount Magnet
- Roads and Drainage Coordinator South Perth
- Assets Inspector Grenfell