- Diverse and progressive leadership role
- Attractive remuneration package
- 5 year performance based contract negotiable
Due to the imminent retirement of the Council’s long term General Manager, Council is seeking an innovative and committed professional to lead the organisation into an exciting new phase. Council is currently seeking the services of a highly motivated, energetic and competent person to be our General Manager, to lead our organisation and to support our community. Reporting to the Mayor and accountable to the Council, your strong and strategic leadership will be pivotal in furthering organisational capacity to foster economic development, deliver Council’s services and ensure a sustainable long-term future. The role is also accountable for approximately 70 staff and an annual budget of $15 million.
The successful applicant must have a proven track record of leadership in a diverse, multi-disciplined organisation and commitment to providing quality services to the community. We are seeking a person who can demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Management, Business or related discipline
- Leadership style that displays innovation, energy and responsiveness
- Excellent ability to foster relationships within and external to the Council
- Strong commitment and experience in engaging the community
- Business and political acumen enabling partnering and influencing government and non-government agencies
- Excellent contemporary management style providing a positive work culture, strong communication and teamwork
- The ability to provide regional leadership and direction
An understanding of the current political, economic, social issues as well as the future demands and challenges of Local Government would be an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Benefits associated with the role include; a subsidised brick veneer, well maintained 3-bedroom house, relocation costs, opportunity to develop career, assistance with further study and an attractive car package.
Applications for this role should be made online at www.lgnsw.org.au/lgms Please attach your response to the selection criteria to your application. All applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered for this role. An information sheet including a comprehensive position description for the position can also be found on the website. Applications will be received in the strictest of confidence until 5pm, Monday 24 April 2017.
Further information may be obtained in confidence by contacting the Mark Anderson on 0418864866.