Director Assets and Infrastructure Services
Senior Staff Contract 3 to 5 year performance based contract
A generous remuneration package payable at SES Level one, which will include salary and superannuation
Kyogle Council is a local government area (LGA) set in the picturesque hinterland of the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales. The area is located adjacent to the Summerland Way and the North Coast railway line in close proximity to the major centres of Lismore and Casino. Kyogle LGA is 3,589 km2 in area and has a population of just under 10,000 people. Kyogle Council manages a road network of 1,216km with 341 bridges, 185 of which are timber, and is a Local Water Utility delivering water and sewerage services to Kyogle, Bonalbo and Woodenbong.
The role is responsible for the management and oversight of roads and bridges, Roads and Maritime Services contract works, quarries, water supply and sewerage services, asset management, emergency services, stormwater and flood management, parks and gardens, community facilities, plant and depots and project management and design services.
To be successful the candidate will need to have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications relevant to the role
- Extensive experience in the management of public infrastructure
- Proven experience in strategic leadership including excellent interpersonal, people management skills
- Public relation and communication skills
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team at a senior level and working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement plans with strategic direction • Demonstrated financial management, budget preparation and project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the Integrated Planning and Reporting Requirements for Local Government and the challenges currently facing Local Government
- Ability to provide advice, policy development and decision making support to Council and the General Manager
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Work Health and Safety and an ability to apply them to work practices
If you consider that you are the right person for this position you can contact Council's General Manager Graham Kennett on (02) 6632 0228 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively you can visit the Council website to access the position description, which will contain both the essential and desirable selection criteria. Please note that Kyogle Council is not part of any amalgamation proposal currently being considered by the state government.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 24 March 2017.
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free environment.