Manager Operations and Maintenance
Water Business Unit
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in delivering safe, reliable drinking water and removing and treating sewerage for domestic and commercial customers that meets the business objects of the Water Business Unit.
Responsible to the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Operations and Maintenance Branch through:
- Operating and maintaining drinking water supply and sewerage schemes to ensure regulatory compliance and customer service standards.
- Network and treatment monitoring and reporting.
- Customer complaints management.
- Safety, quality and environment system implementation.
- Maintenance framework implementation that optimises asset life-cycle costs.
- Asset condition assessments.
- Contract management and / or service level agreement monitoring and management.
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Engineering, Science, Environment management or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of operation and maintenance practices and frameworks relevant to the water industry.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Sound knowledge of customer contact/call centre requirements and scripting, job planning, operational monitoring, control and management of performance standards and reporting requirements for a regulated water industry business.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 March at 5.00pm AEST