General Manager of Corporate and Community Services
Central Goldfields Shire Council has its office in Maryborough and is centrally situated 45 minutes' drive from Ballarat and Bendigo and 2 hours from Melbourne. The area has significant heritage values, bushland and sporting facilities, as well as excellent schooling opportunities for families.
An outstanding opportunity is available for a highly motivated, focused and results driven leader to join Council's executive management team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will take strategic leadership of:
- Finance and Corporate Services
- Recreation & Tourism and
- Community and Cultural Services
We are seeking a person who can demonstrate
- Tertiary Qualifications in Management, Business or a related discipline, along with strong management experience.
- A leadership style that displays innovation, energy and responsiveness.
- An excellent ability to foster relationships within and external to the Council.
- A strong commitment and political acumen and partnering of agencies.
- A demonstrated record of instilling a team culture that embraces engagement, innovation and internal service excellence.
The position is offered as a 5 year performance based contract which includes an attractive remuneration package comprising salary, superannuation, private use of a fully maintained vehicle and business equipment.
To download an information package (which includes the position description) please log onto Council's career website http://centralgoldfieldscareers.com.au
Applications must address the key selection criteria and be lodged by 5.00pm 20th February 2017.