Senior Human Resources Officer
- Strong Employee Relations focus
- Multi-faceted organisation with mix of blue and white collar staff
- Family friendly team environment
Are you an experienced HR practitioner who enjoys the challenges that come with managing employee relations issues? Are you a self-starter who can hit the ground running? Would you like to work for a family friendly organisation as part of a small, experienced team?
If you answered “Yes” to the above, we have the perfect role for you as a member of the City of Ryde HR team.
Tertiary qualified, your experience to date will have ideally been gained in small to medium sized organisations with a mix of blue and white collar staff. This background will have given you the knowledge and confidence to work closely with line managers, staff and union delegates in dealing with a wide range of employee relations issues as well as guiding managers in disciplinary and performance management matters. You will also be adept at interpreting and providing advice on Awards and industrial agreements as well as organisational policies and procedures.
As the Senior HR Officer, you will research and prepare reports on topical HR issues, manage projects that may flow from the possible merger of Ryde with other local Councils, and assist the generalist team in completing a wide range of day-to-day HR duties.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or related area
- Significant experience in managing Employee Relations issues
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a track record of building relationships with line managers and staff to resolve under-performance, disciplinary, grievance and similar situations
- Experience interpreting Awards, policies and similar documentation and providing advice to key stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills with experience preparing letters to address a wide range of employee relations issues as well as preparing reports for senior management
On a personal level, you will need to be well organised, resilient in your approach, and enjoy working in a small team environment.
With a commencing salary negotiable up to $88,359 p.a. plus superannuation, and flexible working conditions that can include a rostered day off each 3rd week, this role has an exciting mix of professional challenge, career development, and work/life balance.
How to Apply
Apply today using our fast, on-line system. Please note you do not need to address selection criteria or provide a covering letter.
Interested? If you would like to know more please call Monique Hassarati on (02) 9952 8280.
Closing Date: Monday 23 January 2017