Salary - $85,480.35 including superannuation
Baw Baw Shire Council is located approximately one hour east of Melbourne on the Princes Freeway, and boasts some of Australia’s most spectacular scenery. An easy drive to snow capped mountain resorts in winter and some of Victoria’s most pristine beaches in the summer, Baw Baw Shire offers a perfectly balanced lifestyle, with the challenges and satisfaction of a truly rewarding career.
We offer attractive working conditions, including flexible working hours, training and career development, and a health and well being initiative. Most importantly we offer a fun, friendly and supportive working environment where your input will be valued.
We are seeking a suitably qualified, enthusiastic team player to join Baw Baw Shire Council’s Statutory Planning Team.
As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for:
- Effectively and efficiently managing a number of planning permit or related applications.
- Providing consistent and timely advice to customers and staff on matters relating to the interpretation of the planning scheme and relevant legislation.
- Contributing to the ongoing operation of a successful, coordinated planning approvals service for Baw Baw.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A planning qualification and experience in a statutory town planning role, preferably in local government.
- A good knowledge of the Planning and Environment Act, the Victorian Planning Provisions and planning processes.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply planning schemes, policies, legislation and regulations.
- This is a full- time permanent position offered at a Band 6 and based in Drouin. A current driver's licence is essential.
Applications close Monday 23 January 2017.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.