Home Based Services Supervisor
Type of Work: Full Time – fixed term until 30/06/18
Hours: 8.30am – 5pm with a 19 day RDO
Baw Baw Shire Council is looking for an experienced supervisor to manage support workers to achieve exceptional service delivery and to undertake client specific goal directed service planning and service plan reviews.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Provide daily supervision with support to a team of support workers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services against client service plans,
- Provide consistent high quality service and experience to customers and support workers and support the team to manage and respond to a high volume of phone calls and emails enquiries.
- Ensuring support workers skills are developed and maintained from commencement including but not limited to compliance, induction, coaching and performance reviews.
- In conjunction with the Coordinator recruit support workers
- Actively supporting the safety, health and wellbeing of both customers and employees
- Ensure client goals are met by assisting in the development, review and ongoing monitoring of client service plans for all Aged and Disability Services and matching appropriately with support workers.
- Support the team to roster services to support workers and provide administration support to the team when required
We are looking for a special person who has:
- Experience in rostering and scheduling, preferably in community services and with support workers
- Knowledge and understanding of the aged and disability services industry
- Experience using a client management system (eg. Shari Kat Khoo) or the ability to learn systems and processes quickly
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to respond quickly to changes and re-rostering
- Excellent negotiation skills and able to communicate effectively with both clients and carers of alternative options and solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to use initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills and adaptability with a commitment to "getting things done"
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience in team management or supervision of staff (Health & Community Services, Retail or Hospitality highly desirable)
- Degree or Diploma in management or social services desirable and/or experience organising Home Based Support or related services
- Driver’s License
- Satisfactory Police check
If you would like to build your career with Baw Baw Shire Council, please submit your resume and address the Key Selection Criteria found within the position description on our careers website, applications close 29 January 2017.
Please note that this position will be subject to mandatory pre-employment checks
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close: 5 February 2016
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.