Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Power Water|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Darwin NT, Australia (Show on map)
Provide innovative and creative legal solutions to allow efficient and customer focused service delivery.
1. Provide general and specialist legal advice and legal representation in moderately complex or sensitive matters with a high level of service to clients (including timely, accurate and commercially focused legal services).
2. Provide creative and innovative advice in corporate, governance and commercial matters (including managing and resolving disputes) to drive commercial sustainability and financial performance in a strong regulatory framework.
3. Work as legal business partner to deliver large-scale construction projects, and facilitate development and growth through the delivery of electricity transmission, water supply and sewerage services across the Northern Territory.
4. Provide strategic legal advice to the property group relating to urban, Aboriginal Land, and Native Title land acquisition including development and planning law.
5. Carry out duties in accordance with Power and Water's safety, environmental and quality policy, safety principles, corporate values and strategies.
Selection criteria – Essential
1. Admission to practice as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory or eligibility for such admission (any person eligible for admission will be required to be admitted if appointed to this position).
2. Sound experience providing legal advice and services in relevant areas of law (including corporate, water and electricity, government, commercial and property law)
3. Proven experience using innovation and creativity to resolve legal issues to allow efficient service delivery.
4. Sound experience in drafting, reviewing, managing and advising on moderately complex commercial agreements.
5. Sound experience managing pressure, a high volume of files with urgent and competing deadlines, well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
Selection criteria – Desirable
1. Sound experience in litigation matters and resolving disputes to achieve a commercial outcome.
2. Knowledge of the Northern Territory, its laws and the workings of government.
1. Contact Manager Legal – Tom McCrie on (08) 8985 7269 for further information about the position.
2. Information about Power and Water Corporation may be viewed at powerwater.com.au
3. The remuneration package amounts published for this position include base salary, superannuation, annual leave loading and the value of an extra week’s annual leave.
Information for Applicants: Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached resume/cv. For further information for applicants and example applications see: http://www.nt.gov.au/ocpe
Information about Selected Applicant’s Merit: If you accept this position, a summary of your merit (including work history, qualifications, experience, skills, etc.) will be provided to other applicants to enable transparency and understanding of the decision.
For further information see: http://www.nt.gov.au/ocpe
Vacancy Closes: 24/01/2017