Join our skilled team
We are looking for talented and motivated people to join our diverse, highly skilled workforce.
As a key government agency, the Department of Finance provides high-quality advice and services in revenue and grant/subsidy administration, government procurement, non-residential building management and construction. We also provide strategic advice on the capital investment programs of government's major trading enterprises.
We pride ourselves on being a leading provider of flexible work arrangements, enabling our people to successfully balance their work and other life commitments. We offer benefits over and above salary and superannuation, including ongoing professional development, salary packaging and leadership programs aimed at increasing the skills, abilities and career promotion opportunities for our people.
Finance is a great place to work and values strength that comes from diversity. Our Workforce and Diversity plan supports career engagement and development for people of all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, women in management and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply, and these business needs may be taken into account in the appointment process.
Currently there is one (1) full-time, fixed-term contract ending 29 June 2018 available for immediate filling, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Whilst this selection process will initially be used to appoint to this advertised vacancy, it may also be used to appoint to a similar position on a temporary or permanent basis that may arise in the Agency within the next six (6) months.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This position manages the enterprise and technical architecture disciplines within the Department. This includes managing the process of risk identification and mitigation in accordance with accepted risk management framework, methodologies and standards. The role provides technical management for planning processes related to the ongoing provision of digital services. The position will also be required to coordinate the development and maintenance of strategic plans to support the requirements of the Department and ensure alignment with the Western Australian Government digital policies.
YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership and managing technical teams within an ICT environment.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the development and deployment of technology and information architectures.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the identification and management of ICT risk factors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with internal and external clients, stakeholders and business partners.
- High level conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in providing strategic information technology consulting services within a large corporate or government environment.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards relevant to architecting, implementing, deploying and operating digital services.
‘Australian Permanent Residency’ status is a minimum requirement for permanent appointment to the WA Public Sector. However, for appointment on a fixed term contract or casual basis, applicants only require a valid Work Visa for the duration of the entire advertised term.
APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO
- 100 point identification check; and
- Criminal Records Screening clearance.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For further information about the position, please contact James Lim on (08) 6551 1123 (not to be contacted for Applicant Information Packs or assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the Applicant Information Pack and Job Description Form for full position details as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
If you experience difficulties downloading these documents, please call (08) 6557 8181 and quote the VCID or position number to obtain an Applicant Information Pack.
Submit the following in MS word or PDF format only:
- Your current CV.
- The completed Application Form (either hard copy or online application form).
- Statement addressing the Work Related Requirements found on page 3 in the Job Description Form (JDF), in no more than four (4) pages.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
If you are unable to lodge your application online please refer to the attached Applicant Information Pack for alternate methods of submitting your application.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 20 January 2017 at 12:00 noon (AWST)
The Department of Finance recommends that mailed applications are sent via registered post. No responsibility is taken for unregistered mail.
The Department may conduct an Executive Search to supplement the field of applicants.