The Department of Corrective Services works to protect, rehabilitate and serve in order to achieve its mission of ensuring a safer community. The Performance Assurance and Risk Directorate provide independent and objective assurance and risk management advice to the Commissioner, Corporate Executive and the Performance Assurance Risk and Audit Committee. The Directorate is the principal advocate for the strategic risk and assurance reform program and is responsible for building and embedding risk management and assurance capacity and capability across the Department.
The Senior Risk Coordinator position reports to the Principal Risk Manager. The position holder is responsible for developing and delivering risk management activities and contributing to the effective implementation of risk management strategies and frameworks in the Department.
The Senior Risk Coordinator develops risk management documentation, delivers risk management workshops and provides independent risk management advice including the development of evidence based reports for the Performance Assurance Risk and Audit Committee.
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the work related requirements of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role contact Hayley Manser on (08) 9264 6203.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the apply now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a 2 page statement outlining in broad terms your suitability for the role. Please do not provide a statement against each of the work related criteria.
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation Ensure all the above stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DCS Recruiting Branch
Department of Corrective Services
Locked Bag 22, Cloisters Square
Perth WA 6850
- Applications received after the closing date/time or applications sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies over a 12 month period.