This vacancy is for a period of almost 9 months whilst the substantive occupant is on maternity leave, commencing 6 February 2017 with a possibility of extension.
The Coordinator Employment Release reviews applications, makes recommendations and seeks approval for absence permits for prisoners who have applied to participate in the Prisoner Employment Program and other absence permits as required.
The Coordinator Employment Release ensures their recommendations have the highest regard for community safety, risk management and offender rehabilitation and are in accordance with legislative requirements and departmental policy and procedures. The Coordinator deals with telephone queries and correspondence and provides support to the Manager Release Planning and Director Sentence Management to meet Branch service delivery and business priorities
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, please contact the Manager Release Planning, Lisa Allen on (08) 9264 1941.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a statement no more than 4 pages addressing the following essential work related requirements:
- Planning & Organisational Skills
- Assessment, Analysis & Interpretation
- Communication & Interpersonal
- Policy Development & Implementation
- Information Management
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DCS Recruiting Branch
Department of Corrective Services
Locked Bag 22, Cloisters Square
Perth WA 6850
- Applications received after the closing date/time or applications sent to us by email cannot be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies over a 12 month period.