WHAT’S THE ROLE?
The Senior Policy and Engagement Officer is responsible for the development of departmental and government policy as it relates to family and domestic violence in Western Australia.
Other key responsibilities of this role include:
- Facilitating and contributing to the monitoring and evaluation across government policy related to family and domestic violence.
- Providing strategic advice on directions, emerging issues and resource requirements for family and domestic violence in Western Australia.
- Undertaking research and data collection into state, national and international trends related to family and domestic violence.
- Developing and facilitating information and training sessions where required.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
This is a temporary full time opportunity for up to 12 months, with the possibility of extension and / or conversion to permanency.
Suitable applicants may be considered for similar vacancies that may arise within the next twelve (12) months.
We offer great benefits including:
- a central location close to public transport, cafés and train station
- free access to in-house gymnasium
- flexible work hours
- discount on private health insurance
- ongoing training and development opportunities
- free flu vaccines
- free counselling services for you and eligible family members
- 13 weeks paid long service leave for every seven years’ continuous service
To be considered for this position you must have:
- substantiated evidence of your eligibility to live and work in Australia
- see section 7 of the JDF for additional pre-employment requirements
A criminal record check and departmental check will be conducted prior to commencement.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) will tell you more about the position, or you can contact Tamara Kendall, A/Director Family Domestic Violence, on (08) 9222 2769during business hours.
To find out who we are and what we do, visit our website or follow our LinkedIn page.
HOW DO I APPLY?
The Work Related Requirements are found on the JDF and the attached Job Application Kit will help you with your application.
Your application should include:
- a current resume
- a three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 2 and 3 of the role
- contact details for two (2) work related referees
READY TO LODGE YOUR APPLICATION?
Please click the ‘Apply for Job’ button. You will be prompted to answer online questions and attach the documents listed above (Word or PDF format only).
If you do not receive a confirmation email or you are unable submit your application online please contact a Recruitment Officer on (08) 9222 2555 during business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Allow for unanticipated issues when lodging your application as we do not accept late or emailed applications. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is received in full prior to the closing date and time.