Permanent - Full TimeLocation:
Lake CoobyApplications Close:
23/01/2017 5:00 PM
The Toowoomba region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 163,000 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY AS A TEAM LEADER EXISTS IN A RURAL FAST PACED PARKS AND RECREATION BRANCH
About the role
- The Team Leader Bushland Parks will primarily exercise extensive discretion in relation to the selection and organisation of appropriate work processes and resources for the maintenance of Bushland Parks. They will supervise and work with a team of Rangers to deliver all maintenance tasks, natural resource management, recreation management, and visitor management (including campgrounds) associated with the day to day running of Council’s bushland park estate. They may also be called upon to assist with other operations.
- The Wage for this position is Level 8 - $1056.78 gross per week under the Local Government Employees' (excluding Brisbane City Council) Award - State 2003 plus 17.5% annual leave loading and up to 12.4% superannuation.
- Workforce Flexibility Arrangement currently offered with a 9 Day Fortnight.
How to be successful in this position - Success Criteria
- The possession of the following qualifications:
- Year 12 education and a combination of experience, qualification and competence, which enables the incumbent to perform all duties of the position.
- A current "C" Class Manual Driver's Licence.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain a "HR" class Licence.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain a restricted Coxwains Ticket.
- Possession of some or all of the following licences/accrediations would be highly regarded:
- A Cert III or Cert IV in Conservation & Land Management or related field.
- ACDC Commercial Operators Licence.
- Chainsaw (basic felling, chainsaw safety, maintenance and crosscutting) competency certification.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Certificate of safe operation and recovery of a 4wd vehicle.
- Bushfire management and prescribed burning competency certification.
- Local Government Authorised Persons Workshop completion certificate.
- Traffic Management Level II.
- WPHS competency or general safety induction (Construction Industry) white card.
Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, administer and manage a team to meet agreed performance and service standards. Including:
- Organisational skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems which may occur throughout the area of work; and
- Ability to select and organise appropriate work processes and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to understand directions and to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to operate computer based applications relevant to the work performed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills relevant to the performance of maintenance duties related to the management of Bushland Parks, including the management of recreational facilities, park visitors, pests and fire including the ability to operate a range of small plant items.
- Unrestricted physical and philosophical ability to undertake the work required to deliver outcomes and to perform intensive labouring duties on a daily basis, the administration of agricultural chemicals and possible destruction of pest animals.
- Understanding of and commitment to Council's Organisational Value and Behaviour of "Accountability and Transparency."
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A document addressing the “Success Criteria” in the Position Description in three pages or less; and
- Your current resume.
Visit this link for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council.
For further information
Please contact Dean Menzies on 0407 633 435 or by email Dean.Menzies@tr.qld.gov.au
The advertising for the position will close at 5pm on Monday, 23 January 2017.
- Organisational Values and Behaviours.pdf
- Position Description Team Leader Bushland Parks.pdf