Toowoomba CBDApplications Close:
30/01/2017 5:00 PM
The Toowoomba region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 163,000 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
ARE YOU A HIGHLY SKILLED AND MOTIVATED PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
About the role
The Principal Commercial Development Officer is responsible for facilitating the development and the delivery of commercial and strategic property development projects. The role will coordinate and stimulate government and private sector interests in key projects through the development of strategic partnerships, policy development, marketing/promotion, market research/analysis and investment attraction.
The Salary Range for this position is Level 8 - $94,025.00 - $106,113.89 gross per annum under the Queensland Local Government Officers Award plus 17.5% annual leave loading and up to 12.4% superannuation.
- Four year full time contract.
How to be successful in this position - Success Criteria
- Qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Business, Economics, Engineering, Urban Planning, Valuation, Property, Commerce or a related discipline from a recognised university with extensive relevant experience in facilitating business and economic development outcomes.
- Possession of a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing complex land development projects.
- Experience presenting to Boards or Senior Executives
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to initiate and formulate extensive projects/programs, develop strategies to achieve desired outcomes in the agreed timeframes within budgetary provisions and report against corporate plan objectives.
- High level financial analysis and budgeting skills including working with discounted cash flow models.
- Experience working with the development industry, dealing with major planning, environmental and land development issues, to identify current and future trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of legislation, systems and reporting applicable to local government and the public sector with the ability to contribute to the strategic planning of the organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide accurate timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Understanding of and commitment to Council’s Organisational Value and Behaviour of Innovation.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A document addressing the “Success Criteria” in the Position Description in two pages or less; and
- Your current resume.
Visit www.tr.qld.gov.au/jobs for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council.
For further information
Please contact Paula Grant on 07 4688 6743.
The advertising for the position will close at 5:00pm on Monday, 30 January 2017.