$ 97,903.00 to $ 104,283.00 pro rata, per annum.
Allied Health Professional Level 4
Allied Health Professionals (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2014
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation) - 3 vacancies
Please note: - Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Children and Youth Services - South
- The new roles of Clinical Practice Consultant and Educators will be an important addition to the clinical governance within Child Safety, promoting and supporting high standards of ethical and professional practice within the service through mentoring and practice support to frontline staff. The successful applicants will require demonstrated clinical knowledge and experience working within a collaborative team environment in the area of children and family services, together with high level communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- The Clinical Practice Consultant and Educator will take a lead role in the provision of mentorship, professional consultation, critical reflection on practice, and practice support and development within a Signs of Safety framework in order to ensure that services to children and families are consistent with statutory requirements and reflect best practice.
- The Clinical Practice Consultant and Educator will report to a central State-wide Manager located within the Children and Families Directorate.
Selection criteria includes:
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the organisation, delivery and management of complex human/family services in the field of child safety.
- High level assessment, analytical and conceptual skills.
- High level communication, interpersonal, liaison, advocacy, and leadership skills; including conflict resolution, debriefing, anger management and grief counselling.]
- Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Current Driver's Licence.
- Five or more years' experience in the delivery of human/family services.
Essential Requirements / Pre-employment conditions:
- Satisfactory completion of an appropriate course of study at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : Generic Clinical Practice Consultant and Educator HP04 (August 2016) WWC.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : Generic Clinical Practice Consultant and Educator HP04 (August 2016) WWC.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Angela McCrossen
Phone: (03) 6165 3534
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well. You do not need to upload an application form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au