$ 140,592 - $ 196,828 per annum.
SMP - Commensurate with years of experience
Salaried Medical Practitioners (Interim Agreement)
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work
Health Protection - Medical Specialists and Trainees - Hobart
The Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Specialist Medical Advisor, Public Health Services to join Public Health Services. This is a public health medical specialist whose primary objectives are to:
· Provide public health medicine advice and support to Health Protection and Health Improvement, Public Health Services.
· Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the Public Health Services' health intelligence agenda.
· Support the Director, Public Health Services in providing high-level advice to the Government and the Agency regarding public health matters.
Note : - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
· Fellowship of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine.
Essential Requirements / Pre-employment conditions:
· Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF) : 513358 Specialist Medical Advisor, Public Health Services SMP1-11 (December 2015) HPRNL BUTI.pdf
Statement of Duties (Word) : 513358 Specialist Medical Advisor, Public Health Services SMP1-11 (December 2015) HPRNL BUTI.docx
APPLICANT GUIDE: DHHS Applicant Guide - Jobs Website .pdf
For more information (Contact Officer) :
Name: Dr Scott McKeown
Phone: (03) 6166 0612
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au