Essential Services Officer
The Essential Services Officer position is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable operation of the community power generation plant, water reticulation, storage tank, bores, pumping equipment and treatment plant in accordance to the procedures and operations as defined by Power and Water.
Role Duties Include
Implement a work plan of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly PAWC requirements which involves:
- Maintain the supply and infrastructure of the communities Power, Water and Sewerage
- Remove vegetation from compounds and maintain fire breaks around compounds
- Respond to Emergency after Hours Faults
- Control and disposal of Chemical store as required in accordance to relevant legislation
- Operate plant equipment with appropriate personal protective equipment and licences
Qualifications and Experience Include
- Understanding of Aboriginal Culture and Aboriginal Issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of work place health and safety principles including incident and near miss reporting
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving
- Hold a current Drivers licence and the ability to obtain HR licence
- Basic information technology skills
- Trade qualifications and/or Previous ESO experience
- Previous experience operating small plant equipment safely
The selection criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered.
Completed applications by Sunday, 29 January 2017.
We value diversity. Special Measures - Priority Consideration for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants apply to this position. If you wish to apply under Special Measures please indicate this in your cover letter or email.