Forensic Medicine Registrar Position – expand your horizons in 2017
A full-time position for Semester 1 (6 months) commencing 6 February 2017 has become available.
Applications are now being sought from medical graduates keen to experience work as a Clinical Forensic Medicine Registrar. This position is accredited with the RACGP, ACEM and Sexual Health Chapter of the RACP, and offers a fantastic opportunity to try something unique and rewarding.
The Forensic Medicine Registrar placement offers a great work-life balance and a friendly, non-hospital based experience. On this placement you can expect to acquire practical, sought-after skills that you will utilise throughout your career.
We offer excellent, well-supported training and practical experience in:
- injury documentation
- clinical photography
- sexual assault examination
- forensic evidence collection
- medico-legal reports / police statements
- ethical issues
- exposure to court evidence
- working with police.
Opportunities also exist for exposure to forensic pathology, toxicology, odontology and traffic medicine.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- qualifications as a Medical Practitioner
- general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- understanding of privacy, confidentiality, security and the principles of bioethics in the medico-legal context
- good communication and interpersonal skills (fluency in English, both written & verbal)
- ability to work in a team
- ability to work across a wide range of sites and a rotating roster of day, afternoon and night shifts and includes weekend shifts)
- current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- current Police and Working with Children Checks (or ability to obtain).
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and include:
- your curriculum vitae (resume)
- a covering letter outlining your interest in the position
- details of two professional referees.