ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR
Council is seeking the services of an experienced Environmental Management Co-Ordinator to join the Infrastructure and Regulation team based in Uralla.
This position has responsibility for leading Council in the delivery of high quality environmental programs including, natural resource management projects and services to reduce Council’s environmental footprint.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, promote and evaluate environmental programs to effectively manage the Shire’s natural environment.
- Assist in ensuring that Council is meeting its statutory responsibilities in respect to environmental management across its operations; and work to ensure that environmental and sustainability objectives are embedded strategically within the organisation.
- Develop policy, best practice guidelines, protocol and procedures as required.
- Supervise and coordinate staff, contractors and consultants.
- Manage the Environmental Management Operational budget.
- Source and identify grant and other funding opportunities to support Council projects, including submission preparation, project management, compliance, monitoring and acquittal processes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the community, business and other stakeholder agencies.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and notices and ensure the compilation of the State of Environment Report.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications at Degree/Diploma level in an Environmental Management discipline or equivalent.
- Demonstrated record of achievement at a Co-Ordinator level in the development and implementation of environmental programs.
- Demonstrated strategic/project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bush regeneration techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Acts, Regulations, environmental and quality management systems and continuous improvement programs.
- Demonstrated computer literacy utilising the Microsoft suite of products (in particular Word and Excel).
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card) or equivalent.
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of role and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011.
- Salary up to $1381.60 per week subject to the demonstration of qualifications, skills and competencies.
- 9.5% superannuation.
- 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
Further information and details by contacting the Manager Waste, Water/Sewerage Services - Stephanie McCaffrey on (02) 6778 6300
Applications closing 5pm on Friday 20 January 2017.
Position Description (377 KB)
Applications which do not address the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description will not be considered.