MANAGER - HUMAN RESOURCES
Council is seeking the services of an experienced professional to plan, lead and motivate the human resources section to ensure the provision of timely and efficient services to internal/external customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide timely advice to the General Manager, Executive and staff in relation to recruitment and selection, industrial relations, WHS, training and development, staff performance and customer service functions.
- Review, develop and implement human resources policies/procedures to ensure relevance and legislative compliance.
- Develop, implement and communicate the priorities, strategies and actions of the Department, in accordance with Council’s strategic, operational and corporate business plans.
- Co-ordinate Councils workforce planning including the development and maintenance of the integrated Workforce Management Strategy.
- Co-ordinate the planning, development and implementation of the annual training plan.
- Oversee the planning, development an implementation of Councils Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) program.
- Co-ordinate Workers Compensation claims and associated activities.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a human resources discipline at Diploma level or above or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in a Human Resources role with exposure to WHS at a senior level.
- Demonstrated award interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the use and application of the Microsoft suite of products (in particular Word and Excel).
- Return to Work accreditation.
- Workcover Construction Induction Card (or ability to readily acquire).
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of role and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011.
- Salary up to $93,730 subject to the demonstration of qualifications, skills and competencies.
- 9.5% superannuation.
- 9 day fortnight working arrangement.
Further information and details by contacting the Acting Manager - Human Services, Peter Quinn on (02) 6778 6300.
Applications closing 5pm on Friday 20 January 2017.
Position Description (385 KB)
Applications which do not address the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description will not be considered