SENIOR PAYROLL OFFICER
Ngaanyatjarra Council (Aboriginal Corporation) is an Organisation representing the interests of around 2000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi and Pitjantjatjara people living in 12 Communities in the Central Desert Region of Western Australia.
A great opportunity exists for a Senior Payroll Officer to join a busy team within Ngaanyatjarra Services. The Senior Payroll Officer is accountable to the HR Manager for providing accurate, timely and efficient payroll services.
The Senior Payroll Officer will:
- Experience preparing and processing payroll
- Ensure the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities are delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation.
- Prepare payroll for data input and assist with checking, quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accurate, service quality and data integrity.
- Assist the organisation to meet its taxation, superannuation and other legislative and statutory obligations through processing and preparation of returns, related reports, forms and other documentation as requested.
- Resolve enquiries and assist in identifying payroll errors and implementing corrective action where required to ensure employee payments are processed accurately and database integrity is maintained.
- Provide and promote service excellence and foster effective teamwork.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in payroll and the use of Attaché Payroll would be highly regarded
- Proven ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels
- Proven ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to meeting deadlines and identify and deal with problems
- A high level of accuracy and excellent keyboard/data entry skills will be essential
- Experience in the use of MS Excel and Word
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. This includes 5 weeks leave per annum, salary packaging arrangements and an annual airfare.
Applications close Friday 20th January 2017